Ofsted Registered Childminder - Irthlingborough, Northants
As an Ofsted registered childminder, I must adhere to the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance. This is government guidance which sets the standard for childcare in nurseries, childminders and primary schools.As part of this framework I plan fun learning activities based on each child’s interests, observe each child at play to help plan next steps and assess children to determine where they are in their development. The main aim of the EYFS is to ensure all children achieve the best developmental outcomes possible to prepare them for starting school.
Settling in period:
- I offer 2 free settling in sessions.
- Session 1 -- 1 hour - parent/carer stays 15 mins then leaves
- Session 2 -- 1 hour – parent/carer leaves
- Further sessions, determined at my discretion, may be needed before I can accept your child on a regular basis.
- Any other sessions will be charged at normal hourly fees, paid in advance. Any subsequent sessions will be the same as session 2 where possible.
- All contracts have a 4-week settling in period. During this time either party can cancel without giving 4 weeks’ notice.
- Fees are payable in advance, by cash or bank transfer, weekly or monthly.
- Monday to Friday - From £4 per hour year-round, from £5 per hour term-time or holidays only
- Saturday, Sunday, Bank Holiday Monday - from £5.50 per hour
- Out of hours fees - £TBC
- All fees are payable in advance.
- I accept childcare vouchers (Edenred, & Sodexo), tax-free childcare payments, and will Northamptonshire County Council funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
- If your company uses a different childcare voucher company, let me know and I will see if I can sign up.
2019-2020 holiday dates:
- 25th October 2019 to 1st November 2019
- 24th December 2019 to 27th December
- 31st December to 3rd January 2020
- I notify parents of the dates of my holidays with as much notice as possible.
- I don’t charge any fees when I am on holiday.
- Morning – 8.30am to 9am
- Afternoon – 3pm to 3.30pm
- I currently pick up from and drop off to Irthlingborough Infants and Juniors.
- ** Additional pm school run for after school clubs may be necessary on some days
Our daily meals routine:
Breakfast – 7.30 to 8am Snack – 10am & 3.30pm
Lunch – 12pm to 1pm Dinner – 4pm to 5pm
Library for Rhymetime, Bounce & Rhyme, Play & Learn sessions -- Children’s Centre sessions -- Brook Farm -- Wellingborough river -- Stanwick Lakes -- Irchester Park –
plus many more.
Play dough – dressing up – story time – music: singing, instruments, dancing – sand & water in the garden – role play – cooking – art: painting, clay, drawing, sticking –
plus much more.
Example Food & Drink:
All meals are fresh and homemade. Snacks, breakfast & lunch are included in my fees. Two course dinner - £2.
** Breakfast – cereal, toast, fruit, porridge
** Lunch – Sandwiches, pasta, soup, beans on toast
** Dinner – Meatballs & spaghetti, curry & rice, sausage & mash
** Snacks – fresh fruit, dried fruit, hummus & veggie sticks, scones, crumpets
** Drinks – milk, water, fruit juice **
Fresh water and fruit are readily available all day.
You are welcome to provide food and drinks for your child if you, or they, prefer. I have space to store packed lunches in the fridge.